School Life at Poolsbrook
Parents are a vital part of school life and we wish to work in partnership with you to ensure your child/ren achieve the best. There are many ways you can help your child at home.
- Encourage Independence and confidence in your child by expecting them to dress themselves, fasten their own shoes, mix with other children and by being responsible for their own belongings.
- Talk about school in a positive, relaxed way. Ask your child about their day at school. Encourage them to talk.
- Encourage a positive attitude to books by reading with your child and sharing stories etc
- Try not to compare your child with other children.
- Try to provide experiences at home with jigsaws, pencils, crayons etc
- Take an interest in homework and provide a quiet place, away from distractions like TVs.
- Read all letters that your child brings home.
- Keep us informed of any changes to circumstances that may affect your child.
- Make sure that your child goes to bed at a reasonable time. Children need lots of rest and a tired child does not learn.