Red Pandas (Y3/4)
Welcome to RED PANDAS!
We are the amazing Year 3 & Year 4 class at Poolsbrook Academy Primary. Miss Thompson is the teacher and Mr Stevens is our teaching assistant.
Please ensure your child:
- arrives at school at 8.45am as learning begins straight away.
- has their reading book and diary with them every day.
- has a named water bottle with them every day.
- has their name clearly labelled in any jumpers or cardigans.
- comes to school in their PE kit every Thursday.
- completes their weekly homework which will be set every Wednesday.
Our Learning Journey
From September until Christmas, we will be focusing our work around answering the enquiry question ‘How do we determine identity?’ This geographical based enquiry will see us learning about counties and cities within the United Kingdom and comparing these to locations in Italy. We will be enhancing our geographical understanding through RE, as we learn about Christians and Hindus in Britain today. In addition to this, we will enhance our learning through PSHE where we will learn about personal identity and communities.
Within English, we will be covering the following genres:
We will also be continuing the use of quality texts to enrich our curriculum and enhance our knowledge and understanding, as well as to develop our love of reading.
Within Maths, year 3 will explore place value, addition and subtraction and multiplication and division. Year 4 will be learning about place value, addition and subtraction, area and multiplication and division. All children will also have daily times tables practice.
As part of this enquiry, we aim for the children to learn and retain the following knowledge: