Welcome to RED PANDAS!
We are the amazing Year 3 & Year 4 class at Poolsbrook Academy Primary. Miss Thompson is the teacher and Mrs Saynor is our teaching assistant.
Please ensure your child:
- arrives at school at 8.35am as learning begins straight away.
- has their reading book and diary with them every day.
- has a named water bottle with them every day.
- has their name clearly labelled in any jumpers or cardigans.
- comes to school in their PE kit every Monday and Tuesday.
- completes their weekly homework and spellings which will be set every Friday.
Our Learning Journey
For the autumn term, we will be focusing our work around answering the enquiry question ‘How has time changed the way we live?’ This history based enquiry will see us learning about how the Stone Age, Bronze Age and Iron Age. We will be enhancing our understanding through geography, as we learn about different types of settlements. In addition to this, we will enhance our learning through science as we learn about how fossils are created.
We will also be continuing the use of quality texts to enrich our curriculum and enhance our knowledge and understanding, as well as to develop our love of reading.
Within Maths, year 3 and 4 will explore place value and multiplication/division. All children will also have daily times tables practice.