Most things that happen in school are part of a weekly routine. it is important that you have a good understanding of our basic routines, as it will help the children settle at school and will help support their learning.
Starts 8:15am - 8:35am
8:35am School doors open
10:00am - 10:15am Morning Break
12:00pm - 1:00pm Lunch
3:15pm Home time
8:35am until 11:35am
School Life at Poolsbrook
Parents are a vital part of school life and we wish to work in partnership with you to ensure your child/ren achieve the best. There are many ways you can help your child at home.
- Encourage Independence and confidence in your child by expecting them to dress themselves, fasten their own shoes, mix with other children and by being responsible for their own belongings.
- Talk about school in a positive, relaxed way. Ask your child about their day at school. Encourage them to talk.
- Encourage a positive attitude to books by reading with your child and sharing stories etc
- Try not to compare your child with other children.
- Try to provide experiences at home with jigsaws, pencils, crayons etc
- Take an interest in homework and provide a quiet place, away from distractions like TVs.
- Read all letters that your child brings home.
- Keep us informed of any changes to circumstances that may affect your child.
- Make sure that your child goes to bed at a reasonable time. Children need lots of rest and a tired child does not learn.
We work hard to ensure our school can remain open. On occasion the weather (or other factors beyond our control) means it is not safe to remain open. Should the decision be taken to close school we will use the communication channels below to let families know as soon as possible:
School communications (text, email, Dojo)
Our school website
Via social media utilised by the school - Facebook and Twitter
Where school closures take place during the school day, we will of course ensure all children are cared for until they can be collected. Should you have any queries regarding our school closure procedures please contact the school office.